CNC Machinist – 2nd Shift
Reports To: Plant Manager
BASIC WORKER FUNCTION:
Programs, sets up and operates multi-axis computerized numerically controlled Machining Center to produce complex work pieces holding close tolerances. Maintains a high standard of product and productivity with minimal supervision.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Evaluate blueprint and plan sequence for production. As required, programs or creates programs to produce designated parts. Installs holding device and any required tooling. Checks and adjusts feeds and speeds to insure optimum usage/efficiency. Proactive in cycle reduction on a continuous basis. Changes worn cutting tools when necessary. Sets work piece coordinates. Obtains first-run work piece and verifies dimensional tolerances. Gets check and sign-off from Inspection. Keeps records as required.
Trains other workers. Serves as consultation resource for other workers in Department. Observes all safety regulations. Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to create and edit CNC programs for machining centers.
- Ability to set up and run machining center.
- Ability to hold tolerances of .0005 on machining center.
- Ability to read and interpret control console.
- Full knowledge of machining procedures.
- Ability to keep current with technology necessary to perform job more effectively as technology evolves.
- Ability to read blueprints, job orders and specifications.
- Ability to use various sophisticated measuring tools and devices.
- Ability to grind and sharpen tools.
- Full knowledge of carbide grades.
- Ability to utilize high level shop mathematics including trigonometry.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
- Minimal of 2 years experience. Tool maker experience a plus.
*Also must be able to meet personal tool requirements.