< All Careers
Position: Technical Writer
Reports To: VP of Engineering
This individual will work in the Engineering Department and will be responsible for preparing and maintaining manuals and service documents (i.e. Rotorcraft Flight Manuals, Maintenance Manuals, Service Information Letters, Service Information Bulletins, Parts Catalog, and process specifications at a minimum). The Technical Publications Group works with other groups internal to Enstrom in developing and certifying the manuals for new designs and supporting fielded aircraft.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, writing, and editing material for reports, manuals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of aircraft.
- Observes Production and developmental/experimental activities to determine operating procedures and details.
- Interviews Production and Engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and Production methods.
- Reviews manufacturer’s specifications, manuals, and drawings relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Assists in layout out material for publication, duplication, and distribution.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals (Aviation is HIGHLY desirable).
- Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, specifications, procedures and SIL/SDBs.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with superior accuracy.
- CAD and SolidWorks experience is beneficial, but not required.