Sheet Metal Fabricator
Position: Sheet Metal Fabricator
Reports To: Plant Manager
Grade: Tech III
BASIC WORKER FUNCTION:
Fabricates sheet metal parts according to blueprints, work orders, and operations procedures. May set up work on sheet metal parts for other workers to complete.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Sets up and fabricates parts to be assembled to proper dimensions. Drills part if necessary, and deburrs holes. Selects proper size and type of sheet metal hand tools, as well as appropriate bending and shearing equipment. May work with another sheet metal worker for machine set up. Checks to see that parts are manufactured to specified tolerances. Sets up and operates hand or machine bending equipment to form parts such as tail cone skins. May conduct tempering and annealing process on aluminum parts in heat-treat oven according to process specifications. Examines completed work pieces to assure conformance with specifications. Does service work as required. Maintains tools and equipment used.
Trains other workers. Serves as consultation resource with other workers. Observes all safety regulations. Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to fabricate sheet metal parts with skills in assembling, aligning and riveting.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, and specifications.
- Ability to set up and operate sheet metal equipment such as benders, and cutters.
- Ability to use measuring devices, jigs, fixtures and templates to determine proper alignment.
- Ability to use required hand and power tools.
- Ability to set up and operate sheet metal equipment, such as shear and punching equipment.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
*Also must be able to meet personal tool requirements.