• Manufacturing Engineer – Subassemblies/MFG/Test
Position: Manufacturing Engineer, Subassembly & Test
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineer will determine the most effective ways to use the basic factors of production—people, machines, materials, information, and energy—to assemble components and build test rigs as needed. The key subassemblies are gearboxes, rotor assemblies, and other airframe subcomponents. The primarily concern will be increasing productivity through the management of methods and technology. Candidate will carefully study the product requirements and use current facility technology to maintain and/or build a robust process. Candidate will develop new processes as they see fit which utilize current available facility technology or new capital equipment when available. Candidate will utilize our planning and control system to coordinate activities and ensure product quality. Candidate must be able to work independently and work well with others. Candidate will have a diverse background of machining processes to include CNC machining, manual machining, welding, and sheet metal.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Investigate solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Document manufacturing processes.
- Monitor the general flow of operations and analyze it.
- Communicate recommendations on how to improve and implement changes to manufactured and assembled parts on the production floor for productivity.
- Identify needed tooling requirements and work with tool shop to build as necessary
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, work orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities and ensure that they are met.
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
- Ability to flex to other areas of the facility as required by production and development needs
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of an ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY or equivalent
- Aerospace, Automotive (transmission/engine), or other tight tolerance assembly experience
- 3-12 years experience in Manufacturing Engineer position in a sub assembly / final assembly environment
- Good problem solver
- Attention to detail
- A Team player able to work with minimum or no supervision
- Advanced Math skills
- Good communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to navigate SolidWorks a plus
- Ability to listen, observe, and develop improvements without too much guidance.