Position: Jr Painter
Reports To: Plant Manager
Grade: Tech II
BASIC WORKER FUNCTION:
Prepares and paints surfaces of helicopters and helicopter parts or other products, according to specifications, using brushes and spray gun.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Prepares surfaces. May remove old paint from helicopters using paint remover and scraper. Implements proper usage of painting equipment including brushes, siphons guns, and HVLP guns. Under instructions from Finishing Painter, lays out and paint stripes, insignia, and identifying letters and numerals on helicopter surfaces or surfaces of other products. May do final touchup work. Performs sand blast operation as required. Maintains painting equipment and air masks. May putty fiberglass composites and do minor body work. Buff finish paint.
Trains other workers. Serves as consultation resource with other workers. Observes all safety regulations. Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- *Knowledge of principles and techniques of spray, brush, and dip painting and preparation for such.
- *Knowledge of, and ability to apply, various types of urethane finishes, using spray and brush.
- *Ability to read specifications and paint scheme designs.
- Ability to mix paint according to instructions.
- Ability to mask surfaces of helicopter or other products to be painted.
- Ability to adjust spray paint equipment.
- Ability to operate sandblast equipment.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- High level of attention to detail.
*Must have these listed qualifications
**Also must be able to meet personal tool requirements.