Final Assembly Mechanic
Position: Final Assembly Mechanic
Reports To: Plant Manager
Grade: Tech III
BASIC WORKER FUNCTION:
Performs final assembly installation of all major and subassemblies. Assemble final stages of helicopter prior to flight. Make all final rigging adjustments prior to flight. Works squawks off on helicopters before and during flight testing. All work performed in accordance with blueprints and specifications.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Install and adjust such assemblies as correlator assembly, main rotor assembly, tail rotor assembly, drive system and clutch cable assembly, turbocharger linkage and connections, cyclic and collective systems, aircraft and cabin options. Makes all necessary fuel line and oil line connections. Rigs throttle and mixture cables. Troubleshoots aircraft to determine cause of malfunctions.
Trains other workers. Serves as consultation resource with other workers. Observes all safety regulations. Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of helicopter theory.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge of precision measuring devices including micrometers, vernier calipers and gauges.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- Ability to do precision work with hands.
- Ability to keep required records.
- Knowledge of all operations and procedures within the final assembly area.
- Ability to set up and operate, adjust all fixtures, machines and equipment in final assembly area.
- Knowledge of all flight line rigging and adjustments.
- Ability to track and balance main and tail rotor assemblies.
- Ability to balance cooling fan.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot flight line problems.
- Ability to work with minimal amount of supervision.
*Also must be able to meet personal tool requirements.