Customer Service and Aircraft Parts Planner
Position: Customer Service and Aircraft Parts Planner
Reports To: Planning Manager
BASIC WORKER FUNCTION:
Managing orders within the sales order system. The planner investigates customer order issues and order problems to develop solutions for them. Monitors the flow of products through the multiple departments in the factory, manages the bill of materials, sequence for the parts, and aids in planning weekly operational production.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor all customer service orders, using the documented data on orders to analyze supply and demand and make inventory projections.
- Note order errors and problems to develop resolutions.
- Analyze the supply and demand of the company’s product and forecast.
- Monitor inventory supply and design and help implement tools for inventory management.
- Work with customer service to notify customers of backorders and other issues.
- To develop a more effective supply chain, helps identify inefficiencies in the filling and shipping of company orders.
- Keeps track of deadlines.
- Create new planning based on new drawing releases, including but not limited to; item masters, product structures, routings and default locations.
- Update existing planning based on new drawing releases
- Evaluate and disposition current inventories based on new drawing releases.
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP (Materials Resource Planning)
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Analytical (Strong Math Skills)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure